Monday, July 24, 2006






On Saturday, we invited the guys to come and play a game of soccer out at the ranch. Actually, it was their idea and we were happy to have them over. They were one man short from making two even teams so guess who volunteered to play? What was I thinking? I hadn't played soccer for 5 years! I was the only gal out on the field, ( no girls play soccer in Brazil) and I prayed the whole time that I wouldn't twist my ankle or pull a muscle! It was a lot of fun and I think the guys were impressed with my playing. Shocked is probably a better word to use! Rick and I had a great time, however, we have been limping from sore muscles the whole weekend! After, the game, some of the fellows jumped into the icy pool and then called it a day and went home. Oh, I forgot to mention on the way out to the ranch, we saw a motorcycle accident. Actually, we didn't see it happen but drove up just minutes after. The two teenage boys were hurt but still alive........as for their motocycle, it burned up in the middle of the road. It appears no other cars were involved. I think they were speeding and lost control. Unfortunately, this is something that happens often in this country.

2 comments:

TheGlissonFamily said...

James is such a cute little guy! I'm guessing I found your blog (through Becky Kelley's) about the same time you found ours. I have enjoyed reading about your life in Brazil and am glad to hear you and Rick are doing well.
Rebekah

Becky said...

You show those boys Reese!!!! You can take them! :) I'm glad you didn't hurt anything!

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com