Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Has anyone seen our horse Patria??? She was stolen from our stables at the ranch. (pictured in the last two photos) Yes, that's right, I said STOLEN! Our caretaker said that during the night someone had cut our barbwire fence, walked down the hill and took her. We think we know who did it. Let me first explain the story. Rick's sister Faith was here on vacation last year and helped us pick out two horses which we bought from our neighbor. He promised us official breeding papers for Patria and said he would later deliver them to us. The other horse didn't have papers as he is mainly used by our farmer to do work around our ranch . So we waited and waited for our neighbor to keep his promise. This was a year ago. After arriving back in Brazil two months ago, we had our accountant friend start calling him asking for Patria's documents. And now the horse has disappeared. Hmmmmm.......... We know who did it but we can't have the police look into it as we don't have the proof (the documents!!)saying Patria belonged to us! This makes me really sad, not only did we loose our best horse but we can't even trust our neighbors!! This is very discouraging to us. Please pray that the Lord will give us wisdom in this situation.

4 comments:

Jillina said...

Oh my goodness I can't get over the fact that you have (had) a horse! Hopefully everything will work out in the meantime I'll be praying over it for you guys.

Anonymous said...

q vacilo uq fizeram hein...=/////
faze uq né!...
sabadaum a galera vai pro siio hein! levar o rayan
vai ser legal!
te mais kim
bjus

Elizabeth Miller said...

Hey Kim! I found your blog from Jillinas and I was so glad to catch up with you! May the Lord bless you and your family in Brazil! Are you doing mission work? I live in TX with my sweet husband Kevin and have a 21 month old Bella. I work in children's ministry now at Richland Hills Church of Christ in FW. The Lord has been so good to me. You can check out my blog at www.kevinelizabethmiller.blogspot.com. God Bless! Elizabeth Hendrickson Miller

Lindsay said...

Hey Reese! Thanks to Becky and Jillina, I found your blog too. It's so great to hear everything that you are doing in Brazil. What an awesome opportunity. James is such a cutie too! Just wanted to say hello and hope that you're doing well : )
Lindsay Sloss Culbreath

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com