Thursday, April 24, 2008

Brazilian BBQ

On Saturday, we made a last minute decision to go to a local park for a churrasco (Brazilian BBQ). It was a cloudy day but we had fun nonetheless. Unlike hamburgers and hot dogs, Brazilians always grill chicken or beef skewers. There is always rice and a salsa type salad to go with it. Here we are toasting rolls on top of the skewers. Something you'll never see at a park in the states............beautiful granite top BBQ and sink! Brazil is rich in these beautiful stones!


A photo of our very full picnic table.


James playing in the sand with his new bucket.


Our friends Vania and Kelly eating lunch with Miss Lilah!





Lilah and Marina sat swinging for the longest time. Lilah loved it!




Lilah LOVED watching the other children play in the sand. I know she was dying to get down and play but her mean mommy wouldn't let her. :)


James and Marina enjoy a snack right before we leave. My only contribution to the picnic was a big batch of brownies! My friends always leave me to bring the desserts. I can't even tell you how popular my chocolate cookies are! This is not something Brazilians make but thanks to American TV shows they are familiar with them. I try to bring them to every potluck, picnic, and/or house visit. It's so much fun for me to see the smiles..........and it's only cookies!











3 comments:

Angie said...

Mean ole' mom-- not letting that precious girl play in the sand! hehe:) Looks like she still managed to squeeze in some fun, even without the sand!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for keeping us updated! I love seeing the pictures and learning about differences in our cultures. What a great experience for your family!

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice grills with marble tops even! Love the pictures honey. Lilah gets prettier and prettier...I miss you guys so much! Love, Mom

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com