Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Happy Ressurection Day!

I want to make sure that James and Lilah have the same American traditions that Rick and I had when we were children. So of course, I threw together an Easter egg hunt for the kids that live in our building. When luggage space was available, I brought down plastic eggs (can't buy them here) and my neighbor Debora and I made these baskets for the children. I filled the eggs with candy, homemade play dough, coins, and little toys. They were SO excited. Wouldn't you be too?!


I love this photo Rick captured of James running to meet his friends that just arrived.


We took the children to the Parque Cidade (city park) for a picnic and egg hunt. There were 5 families that participated.


Anyone who has two or more children know how impossible it is to take a photo with both kids looking and smiling at the same second. There were 4 of us waving chocolate candies and Lilah's binky behind the camera to get their attention!


James had so much fun. I love this sweet photo.



Here James and Lilah wait for their chocolate Easter eggs. The Brazilian tradition is to receive a chocolate egg which, depending on the size, has a little toy or candy inside.


Yay, we got our chocolate eggs!

James wasted no time digging into his egg.

"How do I eat this thing Mommy?"


I love this little face.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kimberlie, what great pictures! I love the ones of James and Lilah. Their sweet smiles are precious. I will look at them often. Thank you, Mom

Angie said...

Congrats on pulling off such a successful egg hunt! :) These are beautiful pictures. I love Lilah's poppy flower dress. I saw something very similar here and wanted it for Emily.

Laurie said...

Did you actually weave those baskets?? Looks like yall had a great party. Miss you!

Stacey M said...

hey reeser,

those pictures are awesome! lilah is getting so big too. are you guys near crawling yet? brady would much rather be standing than waste anytime on his tummy crawling. oh well...
the kids are precious. wish you were here

Ashley & Bobby said...

love the updated pics....your kids are so precious and beautiful!

chris anne said...

those are great pictures! your kids are so lucky to get to experience so much. you are very blessed.

Courtney said...

How fun! That is great you threw that little egg hunt together! What great memories! Your kids are too precious...

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com