Thursday, May 01, 2008

Sunday Lunch

One of my favorite families here in Brazil invited the kids and I over for lunch on Sunday after church. They were so sweet to think of us, especially since Ricky has been traveling the past two weeks. Valdir, the father, is the music director of our church and the principle of James' future school. Vanda, the mother, is such a sweetie. We are hoping that she will one day join the Fiel ministry team when the timing is right. Their daughter Carolina also lived with us in the states for a short time when James was a newborn. This family is near and dear to our hearts!


After lunch, Lilah had her first piano lesson with Tio Valdir.



And of course, James got in on the action.



Here is a cute photo of Miss Lilah hugging her Teddy bear as she slept.





I had just climbed down from the top shelf in the kitchen when I noticed Lilah already making a B-Line for the step ladder. This girl is FAST! I have to keep my eyes on her.



Our friend Jura set up shop in our building and cut 14 different haircuts, including mine and James. I get milk, pizza, and medicine delivered.........now haircutting services!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of Carolina and her family! It was very nice of them to invite you and the kids to dinner. Hope they will influence our Lilah "Liberace" Denham...or should I say Lilah "Pearl" Denham smile! Jura did great on James hair...he is so cute. I can't wait to hug on that little monkey! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Christa. You don't know me. But I went to Temple the same as Rick. I found you all on the Linked-in site with other Temple grads. So good to see how well you all are doing.
I still keep up with a few of our old buddies and love how technology has closed the distances between us all.

Here's my blog so Rick can put a face with the name.
www.ohmysoul.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I visited with your in-laws about 20 years ago on a mission trip. I also went to college with some Brazilians who were working with them. Do you know Paulo Oliveira? He was one of my students at BJU. I was wondering what happened to him. Love your blog! Love Brazil!
Amy Holt
adholt1@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I want to thank you for your blog.spot I am using a lot of your photos here in Thailand to teach kids English words. The students here love seeing your kids and their many fabulous photo shoots. I enjoy your photos because they are very diverse in themes and objects. God Bless You!

Teacher Mark (Floridian in Thailand)

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com