Thursday, April 10, 2008

James' 1st Trip to the ER

My carelessness and James' naughtiness caused us to spend an afternoon at the Pronto Socorro (emergency room). I was sitting at the computer last week when James asked me for an apple. So I got up grabbed a plate, knife and apple and sat back down at the computer to do the cutting while I read. I gave him half and told him when he was finished, come back to me and I will cut the other half for you. Meanwhile, a lady from the church called asking to borrow a toy firetruck for a lesson she would give the children at the school where she teaches. She would be over in a few minutes so I jumped up to go find the toy truck before she arrived. Anyway, you know what happens next............................. I hear a scream in the other room and James runs toward me holding his bleeding hand. I remain calm but couldn't tell which hand the blood was coming from. Rick had the car, so our dear neighbor drove us to the hospital where Rick later met us.

He was just devastated at the sight of his own blood. Like father, like son! I'm just glad he didn't pass out.


James is getting ready to receive his stitches. Rick and I told him jokes and gave him candy to keep his mind off it.


After two shots to numb the area and two stitches, he didn't want to see any more of his favorite doctor Paulo. His face says it all.



After leaving the hospital we drove to the toy store for him to pick out a toy for being so brave. He loved it but I don't think he'll pick up another knife anytime soon. We go tomorrow to get the stitches removed. Pray that it will be uneventful. Blessings!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Poor little guy! That sad face breaks my heart! I once cut off (almost) the tip of my thumb in front of my class of 4th graders, and it was the scariest thing that's ever happened to me. I feel complete sympathy for James! I'm glad he's feeling better. Hope the stitches come out well.

Jillina said...

Aww bless his heart. Glad he's feeling better!

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com