Monday, August 07, 2006

Where We Live


I thought you might be interested to know where we live. Here is a photo of our apartment building taken from the street view . The name of the building is Bella Vista which means beautiful view, that is, if you have an apartment on the backside of the building. There are only 6 stories and we live on the 4th floor facing the valley. There is a small lake, lovely protected trees and cows that roam around. James loves to point at the cows and say"moo" every time they get real close to the building. There are also two castle homes in the distance that we like to spy on with our binoculars. Just kidding! Supposedly, a retired general from the Brazilian army and his son own the two homes. If you double click on the photo it will enlarge and hopefully you will be able to notice them. Also, have a look at the many ant hills. They are huge and solid as a rock. Someone told me that these giant ants mix the dirt with their saliva causing it to pack on firm. I have a photo of my dear friend Hannah standing on one at our ranch when she came to visit last year. If I find it, I will post it.
Photo below is of ant hills and castles.Here is the main view from our balcony. Notice in the top left corner the famous small jet factory Embraer. Many of their planes are bought and used by American, United, and Continental Airlines. You have probably flown on one of their planes! And they are made right here in my back yard!This is the view from my kitchen window. I spend a lot of time washing dishes looking at this view. That's right ladies, NO DISHWASHER! Actually, I do have a housekeeper that comes twice a week for $12 dollars a day to give me a break. She arrives at 8am and leaves at 4pm. She is a huge blessing to me, homes here require more daily upkeep. Notice the terracotta roofs, ALL homes here have this type of roofing.
Here is one of our friendly guards whose name is Jose. Actually, he doesn't look too friendly in this photo but he is a nice guy. After I took the photo, he asked me if I wanted his autograph too! He doesn't speak a lick of English so it took me a few moments to figure out what he was saying.

3 comments:

Jillina said...

I'm so glad you did this. I've been trying to picture some of Brazil and this helps. Your views are so pretty esp the one from your kitchen.

Becky said...

Thank you Reese! I was trying to picture where you live, and this is wonderful! It's so beautiful and scenic! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an awesome place to live. I really enjoy reading your blogs. James is such a handsome boy :)

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com