Tuesday, August 15, 2006

An Attempt to Catch Up

Below are several random photos I have wanted to post for a while now. I just needed to catch up a bit! Below is a photo of James and a carton of milk. I thought you would find it interesting that we get our milk delivered here. This helps a lot as the 1 liter cartons are so small and have an expiration date that lasts about 2 days. Otherwise, I would have to go to the grocery to fetch milk almost everyday. Below is a photo of several young people from our youth group that were over at ricky's parents house to say goodbye to Ryan, my nephew holding James. He was down here for a 3 week visit. Rick's mother Pearl, Ryan and James.
Below is a photo of James charming the ladies for a piece of chocolate. It worked! We were at a winter fair where they sell sweaters, coats and such.
Pictured below is a booth selling necklaces and other jewelry made by Indians in the north of Brazil. (Amazon) Most of the pieces are made from seeds, wood, feathers and coconut.
I took a picture of an ambulance so you could see what one looks like here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah!!!! More pictures!!!! Happy to see James in most of them. I can see everyone spoils him...not just Nana! Can't wait until its my turn again. sigh, Love, Mom

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

I was going back thru some of your old posts to see what length of time you guys have committed to being in Brazil...I couldn't find it. How long have you been living there and how many years do you plan to stay?

Becky said...

You are doing such a good job of showing us "life" down there! I love it! How interesting about the milk! Cute pics Reese!

Jillina said...

so glad you posted these! He really is a cutie!!

Laurie said...

Reesie-
I am loving all of the updates of life in Brazil. They are really making me want to come down and visit you guys! i also love the picture of all the native necklaces, etc. That picture makes me want to come down there to go SHOP!

Anonymous said...

oe kimberlie,
uhu, ficou legal as fotos!
sempre com o james castelando mtooo!
brigado pela camisa! ahhua
bjaum

hannah said...

REESE!! I waited until I could catch up on your entire blog and now I am just Wow-ed at your family in beautiful Brazil. Here's a big hug from St.Louis! James is precious & the luckiest kid to have you as a Mommy! Glad to see your family doing well. Look forward to keeping in touch with you beautiful Kimberlie!

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com