Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The Fiel College Conference

Early last month, we had our 5th annual College Conference with over 300 young people in attendance. The theme this year was "Knowing God's Will." The speakers shared about God's will and how it relates in every aspect of our lives. ( i.e. career, relationships..etc.) I heard several say that they were really encouraged from the messages and thought this was the best year yet. Overall, we had a great group and the Lord used this time together for His Glory! James and Lilah having a snack picnic in the back of the auditorium during one of the messages. Unfortunately, it rained 2 out of the 4 days of the Conference. When the sun finally came out, everyone was ready to play. Here is a photo of the relay races getting ready to start. There was also horseback riding, hiking, paddle boat, fishing, swimming (although too chilly) and there was an organized treasure hunt that lasted several hours.The children getting ready to watch the relay races. Here is a photo of us at lunch after morning messages. Our nephew Adam ( green jacket) and his friend Mark (first on right) came down from the states to participate and travel a bit. They just went home last week. We enjoyed their company.Here are the children of our Fiel Ministry team members sitting down watching an impromptu puppet show in one of the cabins.
And little Lilah all bundled up at night. Look at that little red nose.....she was cold....we all were!










2 comments:

Angie said...

I'm glad the conference was so encouraging for everyone! James and Lilah look adorable, as always!

Crystal Malek said...

Hey Kimberlie, I'm the sister of Josh Childress, from Texas! He gave me your blog address and thinks we have plenty in common. I love all the photos of your beautiful babies. Feel free to glance at my blog to see my growing bunch. If you think you have space for an extra friend, I'd love to sign up. I can always use encouragement from moms who want nothing more than to glorify the Lord in all they do. I'm not there yet, but it's sincerely my desire. And a huge thanks to you and Rick for being so warm and welcoming toward my little brother. I appreciate it more than you know. Hope to chat with you soon ~ Crystal Malek

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com