Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hot Chocolate Anyone??

So I thought you would think it interesting that there is a gas station/restaurant on the way to the beach where you can stop and get a hot drink....literally! That's right folks, you milk the cow yourself. For only a dollar you can grab a cup and milk Reininha (Queenie) the cow. Not only that, but you can flavor the hot milk. The sign reads " Milk at the foot of the Cow". Then you can choose different flavors to add to your milk: honey, coffee, sugar, cinnamon, chocolate, and grenadine.
James thought it was interesting too. I am glad that they tie up the tail and back legs to make sure you don't whacked in the face.



I had a small taste of the milk and it was totally normal tasting. I didn't finish it however, because I was a little freaked out at the idea that it hadn't been pasteurized.(Yes, I know I'm crazy...how do you think our ancestors drank milk?!) But here is a little lady that patiently waited for the "gringa" to stop playing and taking pictures! She happily drank hers!



6 comments:

Angie said...

What in the world?! That is definitely something new for me! You're exposing me to all sorts of new cultural stuff on your blog! :)

Anonymous said...

So, you finally stopped there! I bet James really liked that. Does he enjoy his milk more now that he saw where it came from? Big Smile
Love, Mom

Jillina said...

I'm not sure if the actual stand or the pictures of you milking a cow are my favorite part. :)

Becky said...

OH that is HILARIOUS! LOVE it! And what cute pics!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! My name is April, and I'm a cousin of yours. My Grandma was Richard Denham Sr's sister. I'm Debbie (Davison) Krieger's daughter. So I guess that makes us cousins. I found your blog when I was searching for family. I loved reading about what you and Rick are doing in Brazil! That's wonderful that you are carrying on the family legacy there. My e-mail is rasaeureka@hotmail.com. Blessings,

April Alexander

Bethany said...

Are you telling me that chocolate milk does not come from a chocolate cow--I feel so foolish:)! What a cool experience!

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com