Friday, September 08, 2006

A Special Shower!!


Last Saturday night, I threw a bridal shower for Jaqueline who will be getting married later this month. Jaque works with us at Fiel and her parents are part of the backbone of our church. Her father is a british missionary that has been in Brazil 50 years like my in-laws and her mother is one of the sweetest God-fearing women I have ever met. I was excited to do something for her and to have all the ladies of the church over for a typical American shower!(I am talking about the food.) They loved it!
The games, however, were planned by a couple of girls from our church. They really like to embarrass and humililate the guest of honor. When Jaque answered questions incorrectly during some of the games, they painted her face and made her do silly things, such as sing songs and make a wedding dress out of toilet paper. Brazilian humor is definitely different! I was pleased to see everyone laughing and enjoying themselves.

2 comments:

Jillina said...

Love all the decorations and games! I'm sure this is something that Jaque will fondly remember as we all do our showers.

Anonymous said...

Kimberlie Ann...Wow, great looking table w/all the food you prepared, I know the ladies felt special. That was a big crowd...but you always were a great little hostess! Love you muches, Mom

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com