Friday, September 29, 2006

Happy Birthday James!

Wow, time flies! I can't believe my little guy turns 2 years old today. It seems like yesterday I was sitting in the doctor's office waiting for a normal check-up when my water broke suddenly. The doctor walked in and said, "Looks like we are going to celebrate a birthday today!" What? I couldn't believe it, James was going to arrive 6 weeks early!?! I began to cry as I told the doctor I wasn't ready yet. I still had so many things to do; James' crib wasn't put together, none of his cute little outfits had been washed with Dreft yet, my hospital bag wasn't packed, and I couldn't stop thinking that I had left the house this morning with a sink full of dirty dishes! What a crazy thought! A precious little being was about to enter my world and change it forever and I was thinking about a dirty kitchen! I was also a little bummed that I had only had a piece of toast and hot chocolate for breakfast because I knew the hospital would not feed me until after James was born. But I quickly forgot about my stomach when the pain of the contractions started to really bump up a notch. After 12 hours of labor, I finally requested an epidural and was able to rest a bit during the night. Unfortunately, the epidural brought my progress to a standstill for 7 hours. So the doctor lessened the dosage (which increased the pain) and within 3 hours James was ready to make his grand entrance. My mother, who quickly flew in from FL, pulled out the video camera, Ricky changed into a nice, button-down shirt and I brushed my hair and put on some lipstick to welcome our little peanut. We had the Newsboys Adoration CD (praise and worship) playing in the background. With the third push, out FLEW James Richard Denham IV! (5 lbs 6 oz, 18 inches) A nurse and I gasped at the explosion of baby that the doctor had just caught! Rick's words were, "Oh, look at him!" amidst tears and laughter. I was still in shock at the shear power of that last push that I was still holding my hand over my mouth when the nurse handed him to me. I couldn't help but think to myself, "Thank you Jesus for this precious little gift, your ways and timing are perfect."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What sweet memories...I will never forget that day either Kimberlie! Your story was perfect and brought tears to my eyes once again. I love you...thank you for our precious grandson! Love, Mom

Becky said...

What an awesome birth story!!! (and what a beautiful picture!) You tell it well... Happy Birthday James!

Jillina said...

Let me just say your birth story has made me cry. I love these stories! And let me also say I LOVE James' newborn picture. Beautiful! Happy Birthday James!

Angie said...

Beautiful! Tears are flowing down my cheeks. How being a mother to a new little soul does change things!

chris anne said...

what a sweet story. i hope you save this entry and read it to him when he gets older. that was very sweet.

Courtney said...

What a sweet story and I love the picture! It got me even more excited about the upcoming birth of our little Will! Keep posting!

Love-
Courtney

Laurie said...

What a precious little peanut and a beautiful story. I thank God every day for the healthy and thriving babies he has given to all of us. We are so blessed!

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday James. What a wonderful story!

Anonymous said...

Kimberlieee...
E ai como esta sendo a viagem?
Ja estamos com muitas saudades,voces fazem muita falta!!! =(
Minha mãe ja havia falado com você sobre o jantar ou almoço que estamos querendo fazer pra voces no Domingo!!Se der tempo e se voces não estiverem muito cansados.
Assim que voces chegarem,liguem aqui em casa!
Um Beijo de todos e até domingo!!!
Dé,Ná,Tia e Tio!!!!

TheGlissonFamily said...

Reese--beautifully stated! James sounds like a sweetheart. Do you miss Vienna as much as we do? Especially in the fall...

Abigail and Ansley said...

What a wonderful post! I can totally relate to "not being ready." I was thinking that I had about 10 weeks left! My house was dirty and there was laundry everywhere! Somehow those little bundles of joy make us forget about those unimportant things! Happy Birthday, James!
Lots of love,
The Johns family

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com