Monday, May 21, 2007

Under the Weather


Well, folks, the Denham gang has had a rough week. James awoke in the middle of the night last Sunday coughing and unable to catch his breath. So I ran next door and asked for help from my neighbors. It is such a blessing to live in an apartment building where most of the tenants are from our church. (Rick was traveling.) So my friend Rosi and I then took James to the children's hospital and they told us that he had a form of laryngitis. Praise the Lord it was nothing more serious. The doctor said it was viral and should disappear within two days. So twice a day, I took James to the hospital to have inhalation treatments to help him get better. The laryngitis is gone but a cold has been left in it's place.

Now mommy is sick too! I am thinking it is strep throat but will find out when I go to the doctor tomorrow. This is especially not fun mainly because I am pregnant and unable to take anything. So I have been drinking loads of hot tea and sucking on honey drops to help in the discomfort. Here are some interesting cultural facts for you: Brazilians seem to think that my family is sick because we use Air Condition and walk around the house barefoot. They also think I am crazy for drinking cold drinks with ice.

As the saying goes, "When in Rome, do as the Romans." Maybe I should change some of our habits. What do you think?

5 comments:

Angie said...

I'm sorry you're both so sick! Maybe they have something...could too much A/C be a bad thing? Then again, I can't imagine living without it!

mommy zabs said...

I'm so sorry you guys are sick! that is no fun when you are pregnant! I'm glad James is okay though. So if you guys are living in apt building do you still have your house on the acreage?

Laurie said...

poor little james and poor little you!!! You will all be in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Hope you two (three...smile) are feeling better now honey! Wish I could be there to take care of you. I love you, Mom

Jillina said...

Oh so sorry you guys are sick! Being sick while your pregnant has to be the worst. No A/C? Seriously I wouldn't make it. The ice I could give up but not my A/C! :)

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com