Monday, May 28, 2007

My Friend Stephanie


My American friend Stephanie is also expecting a baby girl. She is due within the next two weeks and here is a photo of us at her baby shower. It has been so nice to be able to have someone to talk to during this pregnancy. We will both be delivering here in Brazil which makes for some funny conversations on what to expect. I told her that at least she is going first and can later give me the run down! Stephanie's mother will be coming this Wednesday to help before and after the birth. We were talking about how we need to prepare our mothers (my mom is coming in July) on the condition and methods of the hospitals. The hospitals here look and are run totally different. For example: Rick and I went to visit the hospital where I will be delivering and they gave me a list of items to bring. I have to bring EVERYTHING!! From diapers, to baby shampoo, to baby blankets and baby clothes. Not to mention towels and everything else that I will need for myself and the baby. They even expect me to bring nail clippers for the baby. The hospital provides NOTHING! (Only sheets for the bed and my meals.) The baby will not leave my side the entire time I am there. The tests and even her first bath will be done in a sink in my hospital room. Different huh?
Another thing I found interesting during our tour of the hospital is that they will provide ear piercing for baby girls before leaving the hospital. They don't provide diapers or blankets but they will pierce your baby's ears!
I still plan on posting photos of Rick's trip to the Amazon. Look for them soon!

10 comments:

◈lunaluna◈ said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your pc desktop.
I'll publish on my blog!.


EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com

Courtney said...

That is so funny! Ear piercing must be a big deal there! You look precious!!!!

chris anne said...

wow, who would have thought ear-piercing would be so important? you are a brave woman!

Anonymous said...

Kimberlie's Mom needs to talk to Stephanie's Mom...big smile.

You both look lovely and radiant Motherhood!

Love you much, Mom

Sarah said...

Reese! Okay, so you should feel lots of hugs from me to you right now! You are an amazing woman with such a positive attitude about giving birth in Brazil! Keep the posts coming! How's James feeling? Love, Sarah

mandiandjosh said...

You look great! Can't wait to see what she looks like (who)!

Angie said...

Wow, are things different there! I know you've enjoyed having another pregnant friend nearby!

Anonymous said...

I'm nervous enough about giving birth here in the suburbs - I can't imagine what you're facing! It's too bad the name Piper won't work there . . I love it. We know a little Piper and she is absolutely adorable! Let us know when you come up with something else!

Abigail and Ansley said...

You both look amazing!

Jose said...

Reese,
you are so cute! can't wait to see your baby girl when she arrives!

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com