Sunday, August 19, 2007

Life with Two!

PTL! We are enjoying this little sleeping princess. She is such a sweet baby, she hardly ever cries. And when it is time to feed her, she patiently waits for mommy to finish what she is doing. No colic problems with this one either. Yes folks, she is a dream!


Life with two has been tricky, especially since my mother went back home on Tuesday. Those extra set of hands were a sure help. I'm finding that two children require a lot more planning and juggling for that matter. The first 3 or 4 days of Lilah's little life were really rough on James. He didn't quite understand what was going on. Lots of people were coming to the house to visit Lilah and he was feeling somewhat threatened by her taking all the attention. He wanted to hold her, in fact, HE wanted to be the only one to hold her. Since then, the jealously is gone and is replaced with a constant desire to give her affection. Yes, this is surely sweet but a huge challenge for me. I have to be a hawk and make sure that he is not too smothering. James loves to kiss his little sister, especially when that mouth of his is covered in melted ice cream or other traces of food. Ahhh!



Last Sunday was Father's day in Brazil. We celebrated by going to our favorite restaurant and park- Santa Barbara. The food there is fantastic and I'm glad that mom was able to come too. It's a special place to us. Happy Father's Day Ricky!



A sweet photo of James at the park. I sure do love this little guy. He's a dream too!



Below are photos from a day trip we took to the mountain city of Campos do Jordao. It has a strong Swiss influence and is famous for fondue and chocolate. Not to mention, the temperature is almost always cold and is so refreshing to bundle up and drink hot chocolate.


Campos do Jordao is only a one hour drive from where we live. On the way up the mountain, there is a fabulous place where we always stop to take photos.







Looks European, huh?





7 comments:

Jillina said...

I'm so glad everyone is doing well! Love all these sweet pictures!

Becky said...

What a cool little town! I want to go! :) So glad that Lilah is a good baby!! What a blessing! Hang in there with having 2... I hear it gets easier and soon they will be best buddies!!! Lots of love!!!

mandiandjosh said...

sweet pictures...every one of them. james is such a cutie and lilah look so precious!

Anonymous said...

So many sweet pictures! I can only imagine how tough making the change to 2 is. With just one, I'm thinking you can tote him/her around pretty easily . . but with 2 you have to divide your attention. But James seems like such a good little boy, I'm sure you guys will do great!

Sarah said...

Lilah is beautiful and it's amazing how much she and James look alike as babies! Life with 2 is interesting but so much fun when they can start playing together!

Elizabeth Miller said...

I am a little behind on my blogging, so, Congrats! She is beautiful! I am looking forward to becoming a fam of four and I already dread my mom leaving too! You and Rick look great!

racheljonas said...

they are both adorable! i love to see pictures.

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com