Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Praise!


Blogging friends-I was just wondering if any of you have switched over yet to the new version of blogger in beta and if you had any problems or dislikes. I have been a little hesitant to make the change and I was thinking I should get some feedback first. Thanks in advance!

Well, little James has just come out of a rough two weeks of having a yucky virus called Hand-Foot-Mouth. He was finally diagnosed on the second visit to the doctor when she noticed the little red spots on the bottom of his feet and palms of his hands. The poor guy suffered from a fever that lasted over a week and diarrhea that wouldn't ease up. He vomited 3 times and at one point I thought of taking him to the emergency room. The fact that we do not have insurance in this country deterred me from this option. So my mother came over and with her help we monitored James through the night. I have two praises from this story that I would like to share. #1 James is better and has gained the weight that he lost. This was a huge concern to us as he is already tiny and only weighing 22 lbs. (the average weight of a 1 yr. old) (Yes, I DO feed this child, he is a really active, small guy and burns off everything he consumes!) #2 This is really neat. After we get done seeing the doctor, I go to the desk to write a check for the visit. To my surprise the receptionist tells me that I have a $298 credit on my account. I tell her that this cannot be possible and that maybe she pulled up the wrong account on her computer. I inform her that we haven't been in to see the doctor since the last time we were in the states. She said that the computer hadn't listed any specific details and that she thought that I must have overpaid. So I smiled at her and said, wow, praise the Lord! It didn't occur to me until later that maybe someone had anonymously done that for us. There is just no way that I could overpay by $300!!!!!! Isn't God good?!! He used someone in that office to bless and take care of us. Thank you Jesus for your provision!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

What an awesome story. God is SO good and takes care of His people!

Angie said...

What a great blessing! God provides when we are in need!

Anonymous said...

Reese, first thanks for sharing your blessing story with us. God is so good!

Second, I'm so glad James is doing better. Has he always been small? William weighs a little over 15 lbs - he has gained less than 1 lb in 4 months because he's so active. I'm just wondering if James has always been like that?

Also, I've switched over to new Beta Blogger. I've not had any problems and it actually goes faster for photo uploads and updating posts.

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

Jilina-

To answer your question, yes, James has always been below average on the weight and height charts. But I had him tested in Brazil to see if there was any problems chemically going on that we didn't know about. All of James' hormone levels were normal and the doctors said not to worry. We know that James is super active and besides, Rick and I are not BIG people.
I wouldn't worry Jillina, James has been the same weight for almost a year!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Reese. It's good to hear that someone else's little boy is like William instead of the Oh he's soo tiny.

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com